Thursday, April 16, 2009

Congo

Does anyone remember that terrible movie Congo? The entire movie's premise revolved around some dudes and a sign language-talking gorilla that uses a speaking device going into the jungle to look for some type of treasure or some crap. There they encounter ghost-like gorillas and lasers. Lasers. Really?

The premise is too infuriating for me to go on about even if it was written by Micheal Crichton. However, I think the movie is summed by by this picture my buddy Chris sent me yesterday.
The worst part of this whole ordeal is that about a year ago I walked into Blockbuster looking for this movie as I hadn't seen it in about a decade. When I couldn't find it, I meekly asked the guy working at the store if they had the movie. He looked at me as if I were a child and asked, "Congo? You're looking for the movie Congo? . . . Umm, jeeze no one has ever asked for that, let me check." In retrospect, I should have just lowered my head and walked quickly out the door, got in my car, and avoided that place for the better part of three months. Alas, I did not. He told me that they did not have the movie, making me feel even stupider. I probably would have been better off just lying and asking for Devine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood. All in all, I left feeling like he just witnessed me being beaten up by a girl.
Terrible.

1 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Blogger Rapunzel.Monkey said...

I actually haven't seen the movie but i have read the book. And the Book is really good. Its not lasers really but the guns are suppossed to automatically lock onto any heat signatures. However, the picture on your blog makes the movie look ridiculous. Maybe if they remade the movie now, it would capture the real essence of the book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home